Sunday, 8 January 2017
Medication stopped in HMP Doncaster? - from Phil
A transgender woman remanded in a male prison on an attempted murder charge has been found dead in her cell. Jenny Swift was found hanged at HMP Doncaster, South Yorkshire, amid reports she had been asked to be placed in a women’s prison. The Prison Service confirmed Ms Swift, charged under the name Jonathan Swift, was found unresponsive at 12.40am on 30 December, and despite efforts by prison staff and paramedics, she was declared dead 30 minutes later. Prior to her arrest, she had been taking hormones to help her transition but her medication was stopped when she entered custody, the Sheffield Star reported.
1. medication stopped? And this person wasn't under watch by prison officers?
2. medication stopped? Stop methadone medication for junkies then!
3. the side effects of stopping hormone medication can have a serious physical effect and mental health one too.
4. the prison service need to be held accountable for this persons death.
5. that is all I can say on this matter. From Phil
Posted by STU SITE MODERATOR at Sunday, January 08, 2017