Sunday, 19 March 2017

What support? From Anon

Dear Prison Widow UK. In response to the post from Volunteer, when my partner was released from prison, that is where the support came to a grinding halt. For want of a word, visiting and writing to him in prison was the easiest part. When he came home and tried to find a job and stay off the drugs, that's where everything went pear shape and the only support probation offered was another ride in a prison van for breaching his licence. He's back inside again and I am losing the will to continue with the relationship. I think families who have loved ones with drug addictions need a lot of support.
I don't have much more to add to my email to be fair other than I feel deflated and pretty much lied to in to believing that my partner would be a changed person when he came home. Anon.