HM Prison Programme Set Offenders Up To Fail - By Donna

Prison Widow Link

Prison Widow, I am totally with you all the way when you spoke about ex offenders and employment in your post. ( above link )
My partner served 7 years in prison, and was released in November 2010. He has struggled, I'd be lying if I said he hasn't, but he wants so much to get a job and for someone to give him a break. When the Strangeways documentary featured a prisoner being given the chance, only to blow it on release, made me angry. All these TV productions and The Prison Service do is air all the negative stories, and it makes me sick. What damn message does that send out to employers who have thought about giving ex offenders a chance in life? The Prison Service set the damn programme up for offenders to fail in my opinion! Furious!!!!!!!!