Visiting My Prison Pen Pal - By Lilly

Hello to everyone at PFV. I am from Ireland and I have a UK prison pen pal. I have been to visit him twice in the last 12 months, and I am horrified at the way visitors are treated. Maybe I landed on a bad day, but I truly felt like I was made to feel like a criminal. The drugs dog was all over the prison as well as at the search area. That's the first time I've seen that happen. Admittedly I agree with searches and don't agree with drugs entering any prison, but staff should pay visitors more respect than they do. An issue close to my heart is seeing children on visits, so I send them lots of blessings and lots of love. I would also like to thank the wonderful people who supply this blog. It is a great little place. Much love also goes to Prison Widow whom I adore. Thanks Prison Widow for your stories. They really brighten my day.