Dad Won't Accept Son's Imprisonment - By Anon

My older brother was sentenced to prison a few months ago and my Dad refuses to speak to me and mum because he thinks that we should turn our backs on him. My Dad is 75 and set in his ways. He scowls whenever we talk about my brother, but me and Mum have found him hiding a bottle of Whisky in the house. Dad has never drank Whisky and we are very concerned. It's like he's putting a very hard front on and pretending he's not bothered and my brother should be locked up and the key thrown away. Underneath is his hurting like mad and I just wish he would open up. It's affecting us all but now we have an extra worry which is Dad. Sometimes I just don't know what to do or who to turn to. My brother and Dad were very close and had a brilliant father and son relationship, so I can't imagine what he is going through.