Much Needed Online Services For Prisoners Families - By Karen Mellor

Here's my two pennies worth. What beggars belief with some of these prisoners families charities in the UK is, because groups such as Prisoners Families Voices and PCUK aren't classed as a Government funded organisation or have that 'status' many are reluctant to promote our links on their websites. Some do and rightly so they should because as far as I am concerned, we are popular and do a grand job. We are the real voices behind prisoners families. Dare I say it? Well my previous mail bag letters in Inside Time newspaper have gone down a storm, so I will say it - online groups do a better job! Our blog readership is growing, as are the numbers of members over on PCUK. It's a much needed service and some charities need to get a grip of that!