Prison Officers Playing Games - By Lucy

Hi. The main form of communication for me and my partner is through letters. I don't have a land line phone, can't afford one, and my partner can't afford to phone me from prison on my mobile because it works out even more expensive than ringing a land line. Like many prisoners families members, I also deal with the legal side of things and pass on messages to my partner etc. This however, can only happen through letters and sometimes, surprise surprise, my partner hasn't received some letters of importance that contains legal stuff. This then delays my communication with his solicitor. My partner does receive letters from his brief, but an important question or query can crop up which is left up to me to contact his solicitor. To get that piece of info to him can be a nightmare. Thanks to the awkwardness of the screws, sometimes he doesn't receive my letters at all!