Son Mocks Magistrate - By Father Of Prisoner

Hello Prisoners Families Voices. I came across your site via a google search. My son was before a Magistrate last week and the embarrassment has nearly finished me off. I have read your blog during most of the day today and one thing that struck me, was the posts about probation. I have two sons, as different as chalk and cheese, but raised in the same manner. My youngest, age 22, has been in and out of trouble with the law. He was imprisoned in a young offenders institute for a while and that did not deter him. In fact, it made him worse. He was sentenced to HM prison for rehabilitation. He rehabilitated alright - in to a worse person. Last week, he was before a Magistrate. I went to court because I don't want to give up on my son. But his lack of respect towards the Magistrate was abysmal. The court, the people sat in it and the clerks, did not bother him in the slightest bit at all. I was mortified. As a Dad of someone who is sentenced to prison in the UK, I am ashamed. I am also very angry at the British system because it seems to me that every time my son is imprisoned, he is released with an attitude worse than ever before! What kind of rehabilitation methods are used in our prisons? Whatever it is, it certainly is not working!