Books Really Do Help Prisoners Children

Hi PFV. The publications over at Action For Prisoners Families can really help a child. I have read some of them to my son because like your other member posted, my son was scared to death of prison visits. Some children of prisoners have horrible thoughts put in to their heads by other school children about prison, especially if they know that their mum or dad is in prison. My son is only in year 1 and some of the children in his class made fun of his dad being prison by telling him that his dad was in a dungeon. Naturally after that, he didn't want to go and see his dad. I try my best to maintain the contact between my son and his dad because I feel it's important. Please do take a look at the publications available by APF. ( above link )

Lots of love from Cheryl