My Young Daughter Refuses To See Her Dad In Prison

Two months ago, I took my daughter to see her dad in prison. My parents disagree with my choice, but when all said and done, he is her dad and she misses him. Whilst there, the drugs dog was out and my daughter just screamed and screamed. The problem I now have is that she doesn't want to see her dad again and I really don't know what to tell him when he rings. For the last few visits, I have been on my own and made excuses for my daughter. I won't force her to go, but then their relationship will fade. Not sure what to do or where to seek advice? Can anyone offer any?

By A Concerned Mum

Comment: Action For Prisoners Families have a collection of publications suitable for young children and parents who are affected by imprisonment. CLICK HERE and visit their website.