Too Many Tears On Prison Visits - By Mum Of Prisoner

I am writing this to you just to get things off my chest. Please also can you keep my name anonymous. My son is in prison and I can't deal with visiting him. Every time I have visited him, I have cried my eyes out in the visits room and on one occasion, one of the lads on the wing saw me and my son was bullied because of it. They were making fun of my son, because I couldn't hold back my tears. Now my son is saying that he doesn't want me to visit him because of this.
I never thought as a mother that I would have to go through this. I have brought my children up to the best of my ability and yet my son lands up in prison.


Prisoners Families Voices is a platform for family voices. Unfortunately we are not a support forum, but we can advise the above link for families of prisoners in the UK.