Social Services Need Educating On Children Of Prisoners

Social Services

I read Prison Widow's link. ( Above ) and the words, Social Services, makes me cringe. My daughter ended up in care for a while whilst I served time in prison. Yes it was my own fault and yes I regret it deeply. My daughter went in to temporary foster care and not one social worker could answer my daughters questions as to why I was in prison and what prison entailed. In fact, if you ask the majority of social workers about prison, most of them haven't got a clue about the effect imprisonment has on children. If I was Prison Widow, I would be making a formal complaint about the social worker. I read Prison Widow's posts all the time and no doubt she will say it has it is lol! But on a more serious note, social workers need educating. Imprisonment seems to be put on the back burner with the Government and it shouldn't be. As adults we are responsible for our own actions and as adults we do make mistakes that have to be learnt from, from behind bars. But the lousy UK Government punish innocent children too because they keep on failing to address the needs of prisoners children. I am enjoying your blog a lot by the way! Best Wishes! x


By Hayley