Storybook Dad's - By Emma

Hi everyone! I have just been reading your blog and have read a few posts about children struggling to come to terms with a parent in prison. I think that this is where, Storybook Dad's, can make a constructive impact. My son was refusing to visit his dad at one point because he used to say that his Dad was a bad man because he was in prison. Storybook Dad's made my son realise that his Dad is his Dad when all said and done. My hubby used to read bedtime stories for him so he loved the book from his Dad in prison and that seemed to ease his mind a lot that his Dad has done something wrong and broken the law, but he is still his daddy. The scheme is absolutely brilliant and it has helped lots and lots of prisoners children. I do wish however that Storybook Dad's would devise something for us adults!

To visit Storybook Dad's please CLICK HERE