Difficulty Coming To Terms With Dad's Crime

My Dad is a life sentence prisoner and he has been in prison now for 6 years. I'm 23 and because prison visits lack privacy, I feel that our relationship is dwindling. Mum left Dad 3 years ago and is now in a new relationship, so there is only me who visits him because his mum and dad passed away some years ago. I would like to say that for younger people who visit prison, it is very hard sometimes to relax and enjoy your visit, because of the environment. I see Dad has much as I can but I wish that sometimes I could visit him in a private area so that I feel comfortable discussing my feelings about his crime because we have never talked about it and I feel that it should be talked about has I have had difficulty coming to terms with it. More help for families should be provided. Thank you for listening. Anonymous.