Feeling Robbed Of A Life - By Eileen

Standing By My Man - By Jade

Hi Prisoners Families Voices. I would like to reply to Jades post please. I totally get where she is coming from. I have been married for ten years and seven of them I have spent visiting my husband. He is soon to be released and time will tell whether or not our relationship will survive.
For 18 months, we split and I ended up seeing someone else ( which didn't last ). I felt guilty but on the other hand I felt robbed of a life. I didn't want to put my life on hold because of something I didn't do, which was committing a crime. But I felt I was committing a crime by trying to move on with my life by trying another relationship. It really is a rough journey indeed being the partner of a prisoner who is serving a long prison sentence, but it is a personal choice on whether that person wants to stand by their man. For those who do then I wish you all the best because I have experienced one hell of a ride which hasn't been an enjoyable one to say the least.