Prison Has Changed My Partner For The Worse - By Anonymous

Hi. I have been through the prison visits and the family day events hosted by HMP and my daughter did benefit from them with her dad. They maintained their bond the best they could under the circumstances. But what no-one prepared me for was his release. Call me naive or whatever you want to call me, but I honestly expected us all to be stronger after this prison journey we'd all been on, because it does affect us families too. Instead of continuing the bond with his daughter, he spends hours on the Playstation and is showing no interest in her at all. He's snapping at me and when I ask him what's wrong, he says he doesn't want to talk and that prison 'did his head in'. Is this normal for someone who has been in prison? Because it's upsetting me and causing an atmosphere in the home.

( Via Facebook )