Standing By My Man - By Jade

RE: Because I Love Him ( Post )


Replying to "Because I love him" by Anoni"

I have to say I completely agree with your post! My boyfriend got seven years for his first offence, I am standing by him because I love him but I've told him that if he ever ends up back in prison then as hard as it will be I'll walk, I can't put myself through all the stress and heartache again. I know if it comes to that it'll be a hard decision but hopefully I'll be strong enough to do it and fingers crossed it never comes to that!!

I was talking to an older lady outside prison yesterday, who told me she'd been married to her husband for 28 years and of that he'd been inside for 26 years, the longest consecutive time they'd had on the outside was 6 months. I didn't know whether to feel sorry for her or think she was a mug. I understand that she loves him but it's obviously not mutual. My boyfriend feels terrible for leaving me and not being able to be here for me when I need him and has said that is the main reason he doesn't want to go back. In my opinion that's a mutual love, okay yes he screwed up and we're both being punished by being separated from each other, but I'm standing by him because I love him and hopefully he won't re-offend because he loves me.

Just because you love someone doesn't mean you have to stand by them, many times I've thought about just being friends until he comes home but because this is his first offence I've decided to stand by him. Maybe it's me that's being the fool for standing by him through love but maybe I'm not and when he comes home he'll be home to stay... I guess it's one of those things where I'll just have to wait and see!!!!

by Jade