The Great Unwashed - By Prisoner Ben Gunn


Whenever I bitched at Erlestoke about being dumped on a wing littered with short sentenced smack heads, some pompous ass in a uniform would berate me. It seems that I "must learn to live with different sorts of people, like in the real world". Tripe. Utter balls. In all of our individual lives - here and out there - the people we mix with are ones with whom we share some affinity. Just take a shufti at your own social group. Obviously we bump into those we would not select to deal with, be it at work or in the supermarket queue. Again. the same applies in here as out there. But this is a far cry from being forced to live with them 24 hours a day. So my response to these sill staff is to tell them that when they choose to take their annual vacation on the local sink estate, I will hear them out. Until then...

 BEN'S PRISON BLOG