My Sister Is Serving Time In Prison - By Wildecat

Sometimes I haven't got a clue who or where to turn to. My sister is in prison and I am caring for her daughter while she serves her sentence. I look at her sometimes and wonder what's she's thinking because she looks lost half of the time. My sis does not want me to tell her she's in prison and whether I agree with her or not, it's my sister's wishes. She is released from prison in November this year so I have to keep this secret from her until then. When my niece asks me where her mum is working and what she makes, I hate lying to her and I hate going to prison to visit because I think it is so depressing. Who can I talk to?

Comment: The above person who wrote this email has been forwarded a list of support groups.
If you or your family are affected by imprisonment and want someone to talk to or require information, please go to:


FAMILIES OUTSIDE ( Scotland )