Children Of Prisoners On Mothers Day

Hi to everyone. I have just found your blog and it is great to know that there are people supporting each other. My sister is in prison and I look after her son ( my nephew) whilst she is in prison. She was sentenced to 3 years in January. The little one is very quiet today ( being Mothering Sunday ) and we have tried to keep things as normal as we can. He made his mum a card at school and we sent it to her. I know he is feeling a bit sad today, but we are all going to go out for a meal and there's a play area there so it may lighten his mood. I love my sister loads but it is a crying shame that those who commit crime and get themselves locked up do not realise what they do to those outside ( the children ) when they do these things. The only thing we can do is support our own and try to get on with things the best we can. Happy mothers day to everyone!!!

( Via PFV Email )