Families Not Coping With Prison Release - By H





NEW LIFE ON RELEASE FROM PRISON

Hi. I have just been reading the post about the prisoner who has been released and his difficulties. ( link )
The way he has described it could easily be mine and my partners life at the moment. I thought me and my partner were OK and sorted. I went visiting him and we stayed in touch loads by letter and phone calls, but since he's been released, it's a nightmare. We are arguing 24.7 over money and he is a different man altogether. He hardly sleeps and watches TV all night, then he sleeps through the day and we just don't communicate any more. Where is the support for families and ex prisoners? There seems to be plenty of support for families who have got someone in prison, but nothing when they get out. Has anyone else experienced what I and my partner are going through? Is this normal?

To reply and share your story, get in touch with us at: prisonersfamilieswriting@googlemail.com