Prison Pulls Relationships Apart


RE: PUTTING ON A FRONT POST 

I have just read the post on your blog called, Putting on a front. I am so glad I am not the only one feeling this way! I have been searching for stories on the internet about prison release and came across your blog. Like hundreds of women, I have stood by my man, spent loads of money on stamps for letters and visited him in prison, which I hated because I always thought that the prison officers looked at me and the other families like we were scum. I got loads of love letters from him and lovely phone calls that gave me butterflies in my stomach. But now he is at home, I don't even want to sleep in the same bed as him because I don't fancy him anymore. There is no one else or anything like that, and I am putting it down to being on my own, getting used to being on own and making a few changes in my life for the better. I didn't have much ambition before he went to prison, but I took a beauty course and got well in to it and now focusing on a career. He came home and within a few days he went out with the lads for a drink, the same lads who couldnt be bothered to visit him or drop him a single letter whilst he was in prison. He hasn't changed much but I have, but I love him in my own way and we have been through so much together. That might sound a bit crazy but those of you who are in this situation will probably know what I am talking about. How can the Government honestly say that keeping in touch with a loved one in prison strengthens family ties? Sorry but they need to stop talking out of their arse because the only thing that prison does is pulls a relationship apart for many of us!

( From Anon via PFV Facebook Page )