Neighbours hate me because my boyfriend is in prison


My friend gave me the link to your site and told me to share my story with you all. I would like my name to be kept private though. I am 19 years old with a baby girl who is 18 months old. My boyfriend was sent to prison in May 2012 and ever since I have been made an outcast where I live. He did something awful and robbed a shop. He wasn't on any drugs or anything and he did it because we owed money and was in a lot of debt. I know loads of people will say that he should have got a job but he had tried and tried and was even getting help by an in work programme that the Job Centre do to help unemployed people find jobs. He sent loads of CVs off and never got a reply from most of them. One night, he went out and told me he was going to play snooker with some friends. The next thing I knew, the Police were through my front door looking for a firearm. I know he has done something very bad, but I didn't ask for any of this and I don't even like walking out of my front door because of all the dirty looks I get from all the neighbours. I have put my name down to move houses and go to another area so I can move on with my life. I cry every time I visit him and it takes me three hours on the train and bus to get to the prison with our baby. I feel very alone. Thank you for listening to my story. Anonymous