Prison Destroys Family Bonding - By Adele


My daughter and probably like many other children who prison visit, gets extremely upset when visiting her dad. She works herself up in to a state that it takes an hour to calm her down because the prison scares her to death. I think for children who are traumatised whilst prison visiting there should be something put in to place by the prison service in order to allow upset children to visit their dad's or mother's in a separate room. I don't take my daughter to visit her dad as much as I used to because of how upset she gets, but then that destroys any form of bond I am trying to maintain whilst her dad serves his sentence. We are encouraged to maintain those bonds but many families can't because they put their children first and try to protect them from the trauma. thanks. From Adele