Convicted prisoners sleep all day too - from Hillie


I am replying to the posts about remand prisoners being banged up for hours on end. I would just like to say that it isn't only remand prisoners that spend their days sleeping locked up for the majority of the day. My partner is a convicted prisoner and he too is behind his door for hours upon hours and he too sleeps his days away. He has applied for jobs and is on a waiting list because there aren't any at the moment. I have always been led to believe that being sent to prison is the punishment, not being punished whilst in there. My man is locked up for 22 hours a day which to me is punishment. It is also a waste of tax payers money too. The Government want to reduce crime and release rehabilitated people back in to the community? That's what they want but they are doing a lousy job of it!