Prison recall costing the tax-payer - by Nicky M

Hello Jim and thanks for replying to my post. Personally I think recall by the Ministry of Justice for missing appointments is stupid. I do think that 'something' should be put in to place rather then prison. I have known people on probation that attend every appointment and are addicted to drugs and committing more crime to fund their habit, only they haven't been or don't get caught - so how do these appointments work? I'm not being rude Jim but the appointments at the probation office where I live barely give an ex offender 5 minutes of their time and when they do turn up, they end up seeing a probation officer that they have never even met before. I think there must be a more constructive way to keep tabs on people without costing the tax payer.