Castle Huntly Update On Licence Conditions - By Lesley Brown




Dear Prisoners' Families, Further to the blog yesterday, I am pleased to inform you that I was invited to meet with Mr Fraser Munro, Governor at Castle Huntly, Open Estate at 2.30pm this afternoon. The issues that I raised yesterday were discussed at some length and the relevant inquiries made. It appears that the Community Based Social Work team had failed to point out that families and visitors are not allowed entry to the hostel and in light of this information, my partner's licence conditions have been reviewed and amended accordingly. He will now be allowed home during the day, whilst he is required to stay overnights at the hostel and in time during the period of staged release he will be afforded increasing leave to stay overnight to. I would like to take this opportunity to thank Mr Munro both for his time and for his assistance in this matter. I do, however, still intend to continue to take up the issue of the Risk Management Team meetings, the fact that the prisoner is not permitted to make personal representations and that there is no right to appeal the decisions made. If anyone else has experienced problems around this issue I would like to hear from them and can be contacted either on my own facebook page, under Lesley Brown or by e-mail at
 leisb@live.co.uk