Mobile Phones In Prison - By Lisa


                                           LIFER ON THE LOOSE - MOBILE PHONES 


I have just read the post by Ben Gunn about mobile phones in prison. Honestly, are the Prison Service shocked at the amount of mobiles that get in to jail? I send my partner LOTS of money for prison phone credit in order for him to speak to his children. The Prison Service along with the Government bang on about maintaining family ties and rehabilitation yet they screw families over with costs of prison phone calls. Yes I admit that once or twice my partner has had access to a mobile phone ( another prisoner's ) to talk to me and the kids which was brilliant might I add! Prison phones are rip-off's but that isn't a punishment for the prisoner - it's a punishment for prisoners families!