In The Dark About Prison Closures - From Belle


Dear PFV and Prison Widow.. Your blog requested feedback on how families feel about the announcement of the recent prison closures.. I am a family member affected and I found out about my partners move via the BBC News website because naturally families are the last to find these things out! Nobody tells the families anything so it left me wondering where my partner is going to shipped out to and also how much it is going to cost me to visit and the travel arrangements etc.. The majority of the prison officers didn't know about the closures so for the prison service to tell the families would be the last thing on their minds... No consideration whatsoever but then that's how they treat prisoners families full stop..

Via PFV Email - From Belle