Teenager Realises She Is Not Alone - From Carol


                                        PRISONERS FAMILIES AND ONLINE SUPPORT

Hi, can I just mention how much I agree with Jackie Lanes post regarding online support for prisoners families. My daughter is 14 and I have often caught her reading up on prison because her dad is inside at the moment. It has affected her a lot and by her reading up on things, she knows now that she is not the only teenager going through what she is going through. I'm not saying that this makes her feel 100 times better because at the end of the day, she misses her dad lots, but it has made her realise that she is not alone in this situation. That does give her some strength so well done to all concerned who are promoting stories about children and teenagers of prisoners. Regards Carol.