Dementia and talking about prison - from Anonymous


Hi, this is a message for Prison Widow please. My mum is in a care home and resides on an EMI Unit. She has dementia but like many other sufferers, she remembers quite a few things from the past. My brother is in prison for a significant amount of time and my mum tells everyone in the home, even other families that are visiting. Sometimes when I visit my mum and she starts to talk about him, I know I shouldn't, but I feel very uncomfortable because mum will talk about and the crime he committed in front of others who are sat in the TV lounge area. I find it very difficult and was wondering if anyone else has been through what I am going through. Thanks a lot for bringing the subject up because it is an important one. Thank you so much. Lots of love 'Anonymous'

Name and contact details provided