Prison Isn't A Secret For Children Anymore? - From Helen P


Hello everyone. I have been reading your blog for some time and I think it is fab!!!
I would like to contribute a bit of something to PFV if I may. My views are, what is the point of telling your children that their Mum or Dad aren't in prison and that they are working away etc, when there are programmes on TV such as Prisoners Wives? There was once a debate online about this topic and I remember being a little shocked at a chief executive of a charity who said that she would keep the prison thing a secret from children. Sorry, but it is impossible when the media are jumping on every opportunity to make prison drama's and documentaries, which seems to be the new craze at the moment!!! From Helen P via PFV email. 

                                                TELL US WHAT YOU THINK