Crime Pays For The Mortgage - By Nicky

                                                   BEDROOM TAX SUICIDE

I've just read the post by EX CON (above link) and thought I would reply.
I read the news this morning and read the same story about the poor woman who took her own life because she could not afford the criminal bedroom tax. My partner went to prison because he committed a crime to help pay the mortgage. I am not condoning it by a long shot, but I do understand why people would commit crime through desperation. I remember reading a post on this blog about a man who committed fraud in order to get his son through University. There are many stories alike. I am a law abiding citizen and have never been in trouble, ever, with the law. But I will put myself in EX CONS shoes and if my Mum was at rock bottom because of this criminal bedroom tax, then I would contemplate being dishonest to help her. I never thought I'd say that but I agree with EX CON that I would refuse to bury my Mum because of a pathetic bill and therefore I would do anything to help her. I have no doubt that this sickening UK Government will bring out yet another tax and another in years to come, but if they do, they need to put aside some money to build more prisons. I work full time and can ill afford to get on top of my own bills let alone helping out my Mum, but if I found out she was at a stage where she didn't want to live anymore, then I would risk a few months in prison. She is my flesh and blood and has worked all her life so I would fight tooth and nail for her and that's about as simple as it gets. My heartfelt sympathy goes out to the lady and her family. Shame on Cameron and his gang!!! Love and best wishes, Nicky x