Little Girl Frightened Of Prison - From Anonymous Contributor


Dear PFV. Please keep my name as anonymous please.
I took my little girl to see her Dad in prison for the first time last week and ever since she has not been the same. She keeps saying that she doesn't want to go and see her Dad again because he is locked up in a dungeon. My daughter is 6 and I decided to tell her that her Dad was in prison rather than telling her he is working away. I don't want her to find out in the long run that we lied to her. Now I regret that decision as it has had a huge affect on her. She sees prison as dungeons which obviously comes from something she has learnt at school during a history lesson. I just don't know what to do or who to turn to. From Anonymous via email.

PFV COMMENT: Action For Families have a collection of publications for prisoners families and children. We have sent the lady in question a link and would like to share it with our other readers:

                                                     APF PUBLICATIONS