No Support For Children Of Prisoners Available - From A Teacher


                                   HELP FOR CHILDREN AFTER PRISON VISITS 



                                                 Please read the above link


I have just read the post concerning children and prison visiting. I am a teacher and I take a particular interest in this because my Father was in prison when I was young girl and I can still remember Mum taking me. I was 9 at the time.
I am currently supporting a little girl in my class whose Father is in prison. She went to visit him two weeks ago and the visit has had an emotional affect on her. She is usually a bubbly individual and has now become withdrawn and quiet. I am appalled that there is little help for children affected by parental imprisonment, especially in schools. I absolutely agree with your other readers saying that whilst it is important to remain in touch with a parent in prison, there is a bigger picture of how prison affects children afterwards.