Dementia and Prisoners Families - From Shauna


Hi Everyone at Prisoners Families Voices. I have been following your blog with interest because you have been featuring stories about dementia and prison visiting. My Mother-in-Law has dementia and has just gone in to a Care Home. My husband, her son, is in prison and is not due to be released until 2018. My husband and I have been discussing the inevitable and whether Mum will be alive to see her son again in the flesh. As yet, no one knows that outcome. We are trying to develop some form of communication and interaction for my husband and Mum. Sometimes when I'm at the home and he rings my mobile, Mum knows she is talking to him and on other occasions she just bats the phone away and doesn't want to speak. The only productive way is in the form of letters and I am working on something at the moment which just might work and help others in this situation so I will keep you all posted. I just want to say that I love your site and keep up all the good work you do. Much love to you all, Shauna (via email)