Prison Visiting and Pensioners Anxiety - From Gillian


Hi Friends! I am loving your blog and have been reading it on a regular basis now for over a month.
I am so pleased that you re covering issues regarding the elderly and prison visiting. I am going back now nearly 12 months ago when I had to console an elderly gentleman outside the visitors centre. He was upset and shaking because he was petrified of going in to the visits room. Lets not forget that the elderly generation have a vision of prison way back when prison was prison, so they do not understand how the prison visiting and prison regime has changed over the years. My opinion is that the charities need to address this and maybe write a publication for the pensioners who prison visit. We all know that it can be a lonely and traumatic experience. Lots of love to all of you, Gillian ( Prisoners Partner)