Struggling With Resettlement - From June


My son was freed from prison in May 2013 and cannot get his act together. By meaning getting his act together, I don't mean he is going off the rails, I mean he cannot settle back in to society and often goes for night walks on his own because he said he cannot sleep and didn't sleep when he was in prison because of all the noise. He has a good family around him but we cannot do anymore than what we are doing which is supporting him and listening to him when he wants to talk. I rang his probation officer but his probation officer said that my son has to ring himself. To be very honest, I got the cold shoulder from his probation officer so who else do we turn to? I read on your website that someone said release from prison is much harder than them being in there and I could not agree more!