On Licence - From Sue

                                                             ANDY'S POST 


Hi, I read Andy's post about probation and have emailed you to say that I agree with him.
My husband was with probation for 3 years on licence and did nothing for him apart from ticking a box at the side of his name to say that he had turned up for his waste of time and money appointments! I have heard of ridiculous recalls to prison too and I agree with Andy that just because someone is late for an appointment under genuine circumstances does not make that person a risk to the community. Considering my hubby was on a MAPPA licence, probation did nothing in the form of monitoring him more than your average shop lifting criminal. I thought a MAPPA licence had more stricter rules in place? Not in my hubby's case at all. Sue x