Prison Destroys Family - From Blog Reader


Before I start, I am not condoning the crimes my sister committed. My sister has been out of prison for 6 weeks and her head is screwed up. The courts sent her to prison for, as they put it, 'rehabilitation.' Her partner is a brilliant guy and has looked after their two small children whilst she was away serving her time. But now she doesn't want to know him because she claims she is now a lesbian and is missing her girlfriend who is still in prison. I have no qualms about anyone's sexuality whatsoever, but what went wrong in prison for my sister? She has even shunned her kids and just stays in her room writing to her girlfriend in jail. I didn't realise how damaging prison was because instead of the system trying to make her this better person, they have practically destroyed her family and turned their world's upside down!!!