All Lies - From Anonymous Mum


Hi PFV. I've been wanting to write to you for a while now so here goes. As far as prisoners children go, I don't think the Government get it do they? In fact, they don't get it at all. OK, criminals go to jail because they have broken the law. That's fair enough and I won't argue with that. But can the likes of Chris Grayling tell me when my 9 year old son broke the law? He hasn't but the Government have sentenced him too. It was said that the Government was moving prisoners nearer to home so that families can maintain ties. Well get this, last week, my son's Dad was moved further away from home so that it practically has made it impossible for me to take my son to visit him. To be honest, I am getting sick and tired of hearing about the Governments 'false' plans and I am sick of trying to support everything they say because it is all lies. How many years have campaigning groups been trying to get it in to the Governments thick skulls that children of prisoners are being punished by them too. It is a waste of time listening to the bull that comes out of their mouths. It's like banging your head against a brick wall. My son now loses out. People who have never been in my shoes and others in my situation will predictably say tough and it is the persons fault for committing a crime in the first place. No sh*t Sherlock, we all know that but get on this... my son hasn't committed any crime whatsoever so what can you honestly say about that?