Wife In Prison - From Alan B


Hello. My wife is in prison and has been there for 6 weeks. She was sentenced to three and a half years and this is the first time she has broken the law. She ended up in a bad fight outside a club and that was that. I am worried to death about her because before she got sent down, she had a lot of women's problems and was referred to hospital for treatment on her cervix. I have been told that the prison has a duty of care for her but I won't be able to go to the hospital with her for support as I am not allowed. I don't know if this is true but that is what I have been told. I have also been told that the prison (name of prison removed) is a very bad one and has got a horrid name so that is another worry of mine. I am making sure that I am sending her a letter everyday but I am running out of things to write. I am in bits here and I feel that I cannot cope at all. Is there any help?

PFV COMMENT: We have withheld some information from this post for safety and confidential reasons, and have emailed the Gentleman a list of useful contacts. We wish Alan well.