Prison Officer Attitudes - From Kate


Dear Prisoners Families Voices. I am getting sick and tired of hearing about prison staff being ignorant towards families that are visiting prisoners. Before HMP Bronzefield deny any wrong doing, let me just tell you that I have been there and worn the t-shirt with pig ignorant prison officers and yes they will threaten you with bad treatment of your loved ones. Not all prison officers are like that so I will point that out, but there are some who should not be in the job full stop. I don't wish to give the name of the prison I have had issues with but here is my story. My ex partner was an handful, I am not going to deny that, so every visit there was a watchful eye on both him and me. No I never ever and would never take drugs in to prison so I will iron that out right now. I didn't mind them practically standing over us during a visit because I had nothing to hide. But when I was leaving a visit once I gave my ex a kiss and was pulled away by a idiot screw and I complained. Woe and behold a few weeks later my ex was shipped out to another jail 2 hours away which left me stuck for visiting as I couldn't afford the fare to get there. So if anyone from the ministry of justice reads this, I will tell you for a fact that prisons play these games and there are many more families who have been set up this way as well, so there you have it. From Kate (Preston)