Mental Health Issues In Prison - From Sandra

When I was sent to prison I started suffering with anxiety. My legs and arms felt like they were sun-burnt although obviously they weren't. I also felt like there was a tight band around my face and I just felt terrible and lousy all the time. Since I've been released from prison, the symptoms are still there and I have been diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I received no help whatsoever with this illness in prison and the healthcare staff told me that my symptoms were all in my head although my blood pressure was raised. I would like to raise awareness about prison healthcare and for them to take mental health illnesses seriously because due to the lack of help in prison, my symptoms have worsened when they could have been dealt with beforehand in prison. Please can you publish my email to raise some awareness. Thank you, Sandra x