Struggling On The Out - From Phil

Dear PFV. My girlfriend reads your blog a lot and told me to email you about the problems I am having after release from prison.I have been out for 5 months and I feel like going back. When you are in prison, everyone talks to you about staying positive and not re-offending. They talk to you like it is a piece of cake back out in society. Get a job and everything will be Okay. But it is not okay because I am getting nowhere fast. I have been for 13 interviews and got rejected. Some places want CRB checks doing and my criminal past flags up and my application ends up in the trash bin. I can feel myself getting lower and lower with it all. My girlfriend keeps telling me to keep trying which I am doing but I think that because I have been in prison no one wants to know. Maybe I am doing something wrong I don't know.