Probation Do Not Support My Partner - From Jennifer

I go to probation with my partner who is on licence.
It is a waste of time going but if he doesn't go he will get recalled to prison. I think that's all probation do and must get commission for prison recalls! 
They keep the prison system ticking over lol! 
I haven't got anything against my partners probation officer, she a nice woman but my partner is just a tick box exercise and she's just there to bang him up again if he breaches his licence. I don't think a few minutes of pleasantries is going to protect the public so I'm equally as confused about their role as you lot are. As far as rehabilitation goes, well it's all down to you but I help my partner do his CV's because he isn't computer savvy so I am the one who supports him, not his probation officer.