The Damage Has Already Been Done - From Del

My ex partner is in prison and we have an 8 year old daughter together.
I kicked him out of our home last year because I found out he had relapsed and started using heroin again. 
Quite frankly I have no intentions of maintaining family ties because the damage is done.
Organisations (unless individuals have experienced substance misuse issues) have absolutely no idea what they are talking about when they are waffling on about families reducing re-offending. Try living with someone battling an heroin addiction because heroin comes before any partner, mother, father and child. Considering that drug related crimes fill our prisons, I am surprised and equally disgusted that organisations are prompting families to visit and maintain ties. A word of advice, read up on class A drugs and the impact they have on families. Families need to cut all contact with anyone in active addiction.