It's not all down to staff shortages - from an ex prisoner

Hi PW. I'd like to have my two pennies worth please. Yes I agree that staff shortages in prison's is abysmal and yes because of it prisoners are on lock down going insane; but people still appear to be avoiding the drug epidemic in prison's and yes; the riots are a contributing factor. That's coming from an ex prisoner myself. It's not all down to staff shortages but let us not sugar coat things; if you are on lock down smoking spice and whatever shit is offered you; believe me; there's some hellish ugly thoughts that race through ones mind! A lot of irresponsible plotting and ideas materialise because quite simply; drugs change your mind-set. Listen to the ones that have been banged up; not those who just surmise! Thank you; from an ex-prisoner.