Security firm bosses to be summoned after claims criminals paid for loose tags


Bosses of a security firm at the centre of claims workers were paid by criminals to fit loose electronic tags are to be summoned by the Justice Secretary.Capita chiefs are to be called in by Liz Truss after 14 people were arrested in connection with the claims.Staff at the firm, which is contracted to run the Government's electronic monitoring service (EMS), allegedly received £400 a time to help at least 32 offenders evade court-imposed curfews, according to The Sun.Three current and former EMS workers are among those who have been detained by the Metropolitan Police, and the Ministry of Justice says it is "urgently" investigating the claims.

Dear Prison Widow UK. I would like to voice my opinion on the recent story about tagging and criminals paying (allegedly) to fit loose tags.
We all know the system is to pot, that goes without saying and this is because the Government has allowed it to go to pot. My son is in prison serving a 5 year sentence. This will be his 2nd prison sentence by the way. No one seems to know what they doing! The prison 'reform' has never been reformed but if or when ever it does, I dread to think. In my opinion, the prison system is too soft. It does not bother my son to go to prison and he has never complained about a bad experience in there when he has served his sentences. Not that there should be a bad experience, far from it, but there is no discipline and the criminals are running rings around the system. One probation officer told me that you cannot beat the system. I disagree. The system has been beaten and has been beaten by the prisoners and criminals on our street here in the UK. I know this has been said time and time again but put some of them in the army to be taught discipline! I would rather my son be in the forces than snorting drugs in prison! Regards Kev