Tuesday, 4 April 2017

Teenagers,prison visiting, and more interaction needed

Hi. Please don't disclose my real name. Thank you. 
I would like to see more age appropriate activities for teenagers on prison visits and family days. Don't get me wrong, the family visits are excellent and more relaxed than standard visits, but I would like to see more interactive meaningful activities aimed at the older end. My daughter is 15, very hormonal and isn't coping well after visiting her dad and leaving him once the visit ends. 
Although she is extremely close to her dad, I find that on prison visits she is quiet and very reserved, probably of course due to the environment. Surely the prison's and perhaps visitors centres can arrange something meaningful to promote more bonding during visits? Thanks, Anonymous Partner of a prisoner.